In what has been a year of firsts for the Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting event, Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski will co-host their daily Morning Joe
program from Wichita on Tuesday, November 3 from 5 to 8 a.m. (CST)
. The live broadcast follows their participation in the Chamber’s Annual Meeting program on the evening of Monday, November 2. After scouting several locations, MSNBC officials selected the dining area of Shocker Hall dormitory on the Wichita State University (WSU) campus for the November 3 broadcast.
From left to right: Jason Neal of NBC News, Rachel Groene and Angie Elliott from the Chamber, and Alex Korson of MSNBC discuss broadcast options on the WSU campus.
Angie Elliott, Director of Business Services for the Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce, has been managing both events and worked with three representatives of MSNBC who visited Wichita last week. Elliott said WSU officials have been very helpful to the MSNBC crew and that the University’s experience hosting other nationally televised events makes them a valuable partner to the Morning Joe
program. “MSNBC producers were familiar with all the impressive things happening at WSU. They were interested in touring some of the new facilities and thought the vibrancy of the campus would bring the right energy to their programming.”
WSU, Visit Wichita, and the Greater Wichita Partnership are community partners for the broadcast. Students, business leaders, elected officials, and the public will be invited to be part of the live audience for the program.
Morning Joe Broadcast:
Chamber Annual Meeting:
- Tuesday, Nov. 3 in the dining area of Shocker Hall dormitory on the Wichita State University campus
- Televised from 5–8 a.m. (CST) on MSNBC
- Sign up at Eventbrite to be part of the live audience (MSNBC Morning Joe Live Broadcast)
- Doors open at 4:30 a.m. and participants should enter through the northeast entrance of the building.
- Free parking for the public will be available in the lot surrounding Koch Arena.
- Monday, November 2 at Century II in Wichita from 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- Balcony tickets for the Chamber’s evening program are $35, and can still be reserved online at wichitachamber.org/AnnualMeeting.