All three of these Wichitans questioned Jim Clifton, Chairman and CEO of Gallup, during a recent SKYPE interview on KAKE-TV’s program, THIS WEEK IN KANSAS. Mr. Clifton is the author of the book, The Coming Jobs War, and is the speaker at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting event that will be held on Tuesday, November 5
Host Tim Brown asked Mr. Clifton some pertinent questions about his book during the October 27 program and then invited his guests, Bob Weeks and Judge Phil Journey, to pose their questions. The interview takes place during the last half of the program and you can view it on Kake’s website
. The interview begins at 36:33.
Some of the questions that were posed to Mr. Clifton are paraphrased below.
JUDGE PHIL JOURNEY
- How can local organizations such as the Chamber work to create a better climate for entrepreneurs?
- How do we spot good entrepreneurs?
- When you talk about depressed workforces in your book, is that a symptom of the economy?
- So how do you improve employee engagement and get it up to 50%?
- Can you tell us how important momentum and hope are in developing an engaged employee?
- Could you explain how important it is for us to create jobs in the U.S. compared to the world economy? Do you believe tax incentives and things governments do to create jobs are the right approach?
JUDGE PHIL JOURNEY
- I’m curious about the early identification of entrepreneurs. Is this something that government has a role in? Can government identify entrepreneurs? How do we do that? And if we can do that, why aren’t we all rich by investing in these early entrepreneurs?
- How are you dealing with the transfer from land lines to cell phones for your surveys? How do you adjust your models to take those responses and put them into a larger picture?
Do you have a question for Mr. Clifton? We’d love to hear from you. Please forward your questions to email@example.com
See you next Tuesday night!