- You were born to fly. Don’t settle for less.
- Character is what sustains us. Like an iceberg, the 10% at the top is our leadership ability. Character makes up the 90% below the water line. It’s who we are.
- The critical area of character development is self-management. You must invest in your character so you can become a better leader among your family, friends, and colleagues.
- "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are.” A quote from legendary basketball coach John Wooden.
- “Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is character.” A quote from American newspaper editor Horace Greeley.
- “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” A quote attributed to both James Anthony Froude and Henry D. Thoreau.
Leadership quotes that motivate WSU Shockers
Thursday, November 20, 2014on
Yesterday's blog recapped the five character-building pillars that Steve Dickie, Character Coach for WSU’s Shockers, shared with Chamber members during this week’s Sunrise Scrambler. Today we’ve posted more motivational thoughts from Dickie's presentation. We’re confident that you’ll find a few to inspire you.The members of Wichita State University's (WSU) men's basketball team have gained national attention for their leadership both on and off the court during Coach Gregg Marshall's tenure.