- "If you were in as position of authority on September 11, every day after that felt like September 12. From that moment on, our perception of security would never be the same."
- "Before we get impatient, we should remember democracy is really hard. And it takes a really long time."
- "The men and women of the military who volunteer to defend us are a gift the United States enjoys."
- “When the U.S. steps back, those who don't believe in free people and free markets will take power.”
- "When the world is this chaotic, we have to hope someone will lead. I hope it is the extraordinary country of the USA."
- "Education is the single most important intervention we have against social inequality."
- “We have to make sure if people work twice as hard, they have a chance.”
- “Your role models and mentors don't have to look like you. My role models were white men. If I had waited for a black, female Soviet specialist, I would still be waiting.”
- “It doesn't matter where you are coming from but it matters where you're going.”
Presented by Murfin, Inc.
Premier Sponsors Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Cox Business, High Touch Technologies, INTRUST Bank, Kennedy and Coe, LLC, Lubrication Engineers, Inc., Meritrust Credit Union, Spirit AeroSystems, Inc., Westar Energy