A recap of the February 2016 Sunrise Scrambler
Everyone knows that time is money, and saving more of both is a high priority. Our February Sunrise Scrambler featured a panel of members who shared their favorite apps and tools that make doing business easier and more efficient. A recap of the main takeaways is below.
Big thanks to Todd, Jennifer, Mark, Tori and Joshua for being a part of our panel.
Before we jump into the recap, we'll share a favorite among our staff. The free Title Farm app
allows users to create fun and unique videos by simply adding animated titles to a photo. It was developed by a Wichita entrepreneur and has several Wichita-themed animations that we encourage you to use to express your Wichita pride. See several examples in this short video
. Then tweet us @ventureboldly
and let us know what app/tool you would suggest.
Mark Chamberlin | @WichitaPR
Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Armstrong Chamberlin | @ACAdAgency
– see below for paid discount code*
: Free version allows 40 trips per month/$5.99 per month for unlimited
- It automatically tracks the miles he drives so he doesn’t have to.
- It has a very user-friendly interface that works seamlessly across all devices.
- Robust reporting module for easy documentation for work and the IRS.
*MileIQ will give anyone who signs up through our scrambler a 20% discount if/when
they decide to upgrade from the free version to the paid version. To earn the discount,
access the MileIQ app site through this link: https://www.mileiq.com/invite/XDYHC
Jennifer Szambecki | @JSzam
Director of Innovation & Partnerships, Kansas Turnpike Authority | @KansasTurnpike
: Free version works perfectly for Jennifer. Paid version starts at $24.99 per year.
- It organizes all notes, articles and documents by multiple categories using notebooks and tags.
- Provides access to years of background information that can be easily searched to inform current conversations and decisions.
- Everything syncs in the cloud so can go from iPad to desktop to iPhone without missing a beat.
Joshua Hensley | @joshua_hensley
Marketing Advisor, RSA Marketing | @rsaconnect
APP: LinkedIn Sales Navigator
: $79.99 per month
- It provides unlimited search on LinkedIn for the people he needs to contact at any particular company.
- The Lead Builder inside the app helps him find new leads – leads located anywhere in the country that he may not normally have contact with.
- He can InMail most anyone he chooses with this feature.
Tori Deatherage | @heretowine
Marketing Director, Kansas Surgical Arts | @KSSurgicalArts
APP: Word Swag
& Studio Design
- Saves Time. Time is money.
- The apps are easy to use, clean, and well organized.
- Both are great for all skill levels; you can let them do the legwork for you or get as creative as you want.
Check out the PowerPoint
from this morning’s event, then view event photos
on our Facebook page. Special to our Sunrise Scrambler sponsors, Emprise Bank
and Holiday Inn Wichita East I-35
Next month’s Sunrise Scrambler is scheduled for Wednesday, March 16 and is titled “Change Your Perspective, Change Your Performance.” You can see more details and register here.