Interested in leading-edge ideas and enlightening discussions about the fundamentals of running a small business? Then you’ll want to attend the Chamber’s 2nd annual Engage & Ignite Small Business Conference
on Wednesday, May 24.
9 to 11 a.m. on Wednesday, May 24
Hyatt Regency Wichita
Choose three of nine breakout session topics (listed below).
for only $15 per person.
Rachel Douglass, Manager of Membership & Engagement for the Wichita Regional Chamber, says the success of the 2016 conference made hosting a second rendition an easy choice. “The best part of the Engage & Ignite Small Business Conference is that it is the brainchild of the Small Business Awards planning committee. All the sessions are planned specifically by small businesses, for small businesses.”
Ed O’ Malley of the Kansas Leadership Center was one of our 2016 presenters and is returning this year with "The Experimental Nature of Leadership."
The conference will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Hyatt Regency Wichita. Three sessions are available for attendees every half hour with a short break in between. Topics range from social media marketing to optimizing HR and hiring practices. Douglass said the Small Business Awards committee worked to keep the conference cost affordable at only $15 per person. “We’re hoping that businesses will send more than one person to the conference since we have so many interesting speakers who are focused on providing valuable take-aways that attendees can immediately implement in their operations.”
The Schedule | Register Here
9 to 9:30 a.m. Breakout Session Options:
- The Power of Listening and Saying Thank You | Damon Young, Charles E. Mahaney Roofing Company
- Stories from a Serial Networker, Not a TED talk, but Close | Brad Painchaud, Squid Ink Creative
- The Experimental Nature of Leadership | Ed O’ Malley, Kansas Leadership Center
9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Breakout Session Options:
- Boosting Team Morale | Ashley Thill, Zernco, Inc.; Scott Ludwick, Builders Plus Construction; and Heidi Perez, Mahaney Roofing Company
- Interviewing Techniques for Optimized Retention | Shawne Boyd, ARSI
- Social Media Success In Just 3 Minutes a Day | Tim Fruits, Malibu Creative, LLC
10:30 to 11 a.m. Breakout Session Options:
- Redefining and Prioritizing Sales Activities for Small Businesses | Allen Clouse, Star Lumber & Supply Co. Inc.
- Unique Employee Benefits Small Business Can Offer | Carrie Cox, Allen, Gibbs & Houlik, L.C.
- Telling Your Why | Brandy Willett, e2e Accelerator, Inc.
The Small Business Awards Luncheon will begin at 11:15 a.m., where two businesses will be named the Small Business of the Year. Scott Redler, co-founder of Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, will deliver the keynote speech. This luncheon always sells out, so get your tickets
Find more information about all the activities schedule for May 24 at wichitchamber.org