Recent developments with the coronavirus (COVID-19) are impacting small businesses around the globe. Businesses are trying to keep up to date with the latest news and restrictions, which means now more than ever, businesses must utilize communication tools to keep their customers aware of their day-to-day operations.
The Wichita Chamber has developed several tips to help guide businesses in communications to their customers.
- Keep messages consistent across all platforms of communication with as many details as you can provide. A customer might not see it on your social media pages, but they will visit your website. Another customer might only follow you on Facebook, not Instagram.
- Update Website
- Email Customers
- Post to Social Media
- Update listing on Google
- Signs on physical location of business
- Details to consider providing:
- Hours of Operation
- Changes to regular operations that would affect the customer
- Product Availability
- Precautions you have/are taking in regards to the virus
While the current health crisis has temporarily changed the way we do business, our commitment to collaboration for the advancement of the Wichita region remains strong.