The Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce has recognized outstanding architectural achievements in the region with the annual Keeper of the Plains Award since 1982. Nominations for the 2021 award will be accepted through November 20, on the Chamber’s website at this link.
- Construction must have been completed between January 1, 2017 and July 1, 2020.
- Projects must be within Sedgwick County, but cannot be a public tax-supported entity.
- There are no limits on the physical or monetary size of the project.
- The recipient must be a member of the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- The video cost associated with this honor will be the honoree's responsibility.
Criteria for Award Recipients
- Aesthetic Quality | The project is visually appealing (including landscaping and design).
- Degree of Improvement | The project substantially improved the physical environment.
- Visibility | The project is clearly visible to the general public and easily seen by visitors.
- Maintenance | The project is continuously well-kept, nearly litter-free, painted, mowed or clipped, as appropriate.
Video links to past award winners:
2019 winner – Mark Arts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57VJfRTabJw
2018 winner – CrossFirst Bank - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8WY9RBbXb4&t=1s
2017 winner – Wichita Art Museum Art Garden - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lNJeKn-RRw
Please contact Chelsea Dyer at 316-268-1127 at the Chamber for more information.