Leadership Wichita provides an immersive experience that identifies 30 local achievers then provides the information and inspiration to take increasingly significant roles in the community. Participants gain valuable insight into local government, economic development, education, and media; and interact with the key community and business leaders working to make progress in each area.
Since Leadership Wichita was introduced in 1983, more than 1,000 local business, government and military persons have completed the program and have committed to become stronger leaders for our community.
Those interested in participating must be nominated by another person, submit an application, and ensure their one reference submits either a letter of recommendation or completes an online reference form. The Leadership Wichita Board of Trustees selects 30 individuals, who will attend sessions from August through November. Sessions focus on peer networking and introducing community issues.
2019 Leadership Wichita
- Claudia Yaujar-Amaro, AB&C Bilingual Resources, LLC
- Francis Baalmann, Foulston Siefkin LLP
- Rachel Banning, Special Products, LLC
- Courtney Bengtson, Wichita Community Foundation
- Rachel Biggs, K·Coe Isom LLP
- Brian Blackerby, INTRUST Bank
- Todd Carter, Pathway Church
- Angie Elliott, Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Sherii Farmer, Westar Energy
- Levi Fitzmier, RSM Marketing
- Dioane Gates, World Impact, Inc.
- Christyn Gunter, The Kansas African American Museum
- Anna Hatter, City of Wichita
- Michele Ingenthron, USD 259 Wichita Public Schools
- Donita Jarrell, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office
- Venus Lee, GraceMed Health Clinic, Inc.
- Rusty Leeds, Sedgwick County
- Erik Lopez, Airbus Americas, Inc.
- Jeff Lucas, High Touch Technologies, Inc.
- Tevin Manuel, United States Air Force
- Thea Pajunen, Fidelity Bank
- Laura Roddy, Mark Arts
- Dan Shurtz, Oxford Senior Living
- Chris Snyder, Kansas Air National Guard
- Kevin Steckley, Syndeo HRO
- Rachel Thomas-Murphy, Thomas Grey Interiors
- Brian Truskett, Eby Construction Company
- Fe Vorderlandwehr, Alzheimer’s Association of Central & Western Kansas
- Katie Wesbrooks, Spirit Aerosystems
- Zach Wiggins, Martin Pringle Law Firm
- Lora Winchell, Hunter Health Clinic
Leadership Wichita Testimonials
Clark Bastian on why you should nominate a young leader
Claudio Ferraro on why your business or organization should invest in Leadership Wichita
Tammy Allen on what differentiates Leadership Wichita from other programs
Denise Sherman on the value of investing and participating in Leadership Wichita
Tyler Heffron on the Leadership Wichita selection process
2019 Leadership Wichita Board of Trustees
Ryan Bond (Chair)
Director, Brand and People Experience
Thrive Restaurant Group
Vice President, Stakeholder Relations
President & CEO
Storytime Village, Inc.
Cox Machine, Inc.
Economic Development Manager
Kim Doze-Lohman (Chair-Elect)
Director of Marketing
Martin Pringle Oliver Wallace & Bauer, L.L.P.
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Community Development Manager
Public Policy & Management Center at Wichita State University
Director, Student & Community Initiatives
Wichita State University
Director of Special Projects
Thrive Restaurant Group
Vice President of Sales & Strategy
Oxford Senior Living
Executive Vice President Human Resources
For more information about this program, please contact Tram Ngo.