Leadership Wichita provides an immersive experience that identifies 30 local achievers then provides the information and inspiration to take increasingly significant roles in the community. Participants gain valuable insight into local government, economic development, education, and media; and interact with the key community and business leaders working to make progress in each area.
Since Leadership Wichita was introduced in 1983, more than 1,000 local business, government and military persons have completed the program and have committed to become stronger leaders for our community.
Those interested in participating must be nominated by another person, submit an application, and ensure their one reference submits either a letter of recommendation or completes an online reference form. The Leadership Wichita Board of Trustees selects 30 individuals, who will attend sessions from August through November. Sessions focus on peer networking and introducing community issues.
Hear from Ryan Bond, 2019 Chair of the Leadership Wichita Board of Trustees on "Leadership Wichita Creates Knowing Experiences."
2019 Leadership Wichita
- Fabian Armendariz, Wichita Public Schools-USD 259
- Marquetta Atkins, Camp Destination Innovation Inc., WeKan, & The Seed House
- Tiffany Bell, Wichita Symphony
- Kristen Buckles, Fidelity Bank
- Alejo Cabral, W
- Col. Joe Dessenberger, Kansas Air National Guard
- Kristi Dowell, Wichita Public Library
- Amanda Duncan, Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas
- Renee Duxler, Douglas Design District
- Brian Gensch, Allen, Gibbs & Houlik LP
- Dalton Glasscock, Sedgwick County Republican Party
- Dr. Teri Hall, Wichita State University
- Mike Heldstab, US Senator Jerry Moran
- Britten Kuckelman, WSU Tech
- Rosemary Lesser, Airbus Americas
- Adrienne Marmillion, Textron Aviation
- Chad McDaniel, Emprise Bank
- Jonathan McRoy, United States Air Force - McConnell AFB
- Mother Eli Montes, St. John's Episcopal Church
- Josh Newman, Westar Energy
- Ty Patton, McCurdy Auction, LLC
- Kami Power, Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- Todd Ramsey, Apples & Arrows
- Ariel Rodriguez, Rise Up For Youth
- Deputy Chief Jose Salcido, Wichita Police Department
- Holli Schletzbaum, Kansas Global Trade Services
- Sheena Schmutz, Sedgwick County
- Joseph Shepard, Newman University
- Justan Shinkle, Foulston Siefkin LLP
- Matt Thibault, Health ICT & Kansas Business Group on Health
Leadership Wichita Testimonials
Clark Bastian on why you should nominate a young leader
Claudio Ferraro on why your business or organization should invest in Leadership Wichita
Tammy Allen on what differentiates Leadership Wichita from other programs
Denise Sherman on the value of investing and participating in Leadership Wichita
Tyler Heffron on the Leadership Wichita selection process
2019 Leadership Wichita Board of Trustees
Ryan Bond (Chair)
Director, Brand and People Experience
Thrive Restaurant Group
Vice President, Stakeholder Relations
President & CEO
Storytime Village, Inc.
Cox Machine, Inc.
Economic Development Manager
Kim Doze-Lohman (Chair-Elect)
Director of Marketing
Martin Pringle Oliver Wallace & Bauer, L.L.P.
Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Community Development Manager
Public Policy & Management Center at Wichita State University
Director, Student & Community Initiatives
Wichita State University
Director of Special Projects
Thrive Restaurant Group
Vice President of Sales & Strategy
Oxford Senior Living
Executive Vice President Human Resources
For more information about this program, please contact Tram Ngo.